Foreigners' Comprehensive Services Hotline: 400-8678-110
Chengxi Christian Church
Source:Excerpted from Magazine “Lucheng C.P.P.C.C” | Author:system | Publish time:2018-04-19 | 1734 Views: | Share:
Chengxi Christian Church, located in No. 73 Chengxi Street, was built up by British missionary Li Qinghua in the 4th year of Qing Emperor Guangxu (1878 A.D.). The historical and cultural block of Chengxi Street in Lucheng District is the main block of middle and west residence in this ancient city's layout.
Chengxi Christian Church, located in No. 73 Chengxi Street, was built up by British missionary Li Qinghua in the 4th year of Qing Emperor Guangxu (1878 A.D.). It was once burnt in the Jiashen Christian Disaster. (1884 A.D.) and got rebuilt in the 24th year of Qing Emperor Guangxu (1898 A.D.) with 1450 square meters of building area and 13.45 meters height of main building. 

The church is sitting west and heading east with a hall(Chapel) in the front, a lobby(Gospel Church)  in the rear and twelve Chinese inns outside. The hall is a Medieval Gothic building with elegant decoration and have been regards as the most magnificent Christian Church in Wenzhou. Furthermore, there are 2 stone tablets existed in the church. One was made in 1898 and carved with "A Tale of Temple Reconstruction", and the other was made in 1938 and carved with "The 60th Anniversary of Wenzhou Methodist Church".